A selection of Hong Kong holiday snaps, with side trips off to Chimelong Ocean Kingdom theme park and Macau.
Photos by me and husband. #nofilter, as they say on Instagram. I’m @alifelessdigital if you enjoy that sort of thing.
With thanks to mum and the magnificent Moks for their help and hospitality.
Here’s one I wrote earlier
Alien fruit On holiday, I like to relax. And take pictures of fruit.
The sound of one glove clapping Lost gloves.
Tiny tablets and toys It was a quiet morning at home. I was pondering the largeness of my multivitamin tablet.
Posted in Pictures, Travel
Tagged animals, apartments, china, dolphin, ferry, fish, food, holiday, holidays, hong kong, macau, photos, pictures, signs, slippers, snacks, Travel
Greetings from New York. I’ve just popped over for a high-end mini-break with husband.
If I was a proper blogger, I would be photographing my food and posting pictures up with tasting notes. Or reviewing the toenail art of the woman lounging at the bar.
But the good camera is broken and we forgot to unlock our mobile phones, so we are without Wandering Web. We are officially free to just go about tourist-ing without sending out a real-life feed of NY delights.
Use the power of your mind to imagine that the following were posted over the last couple of days:
- The air is so dry, I think my eyeballs are shrinking.
- Seared octopus with Umbrian chickpeas, red onion, pickled currants. (Il Buco).
- Uptown is not necessarily uphill.
- Gold brocade skinny jeans. (Admired, but did not buy).
- Gorging ourselves on back-to-back episodes of The Newsroom.
- 9/11 Memorial was perfect. Black pools of textured water – corrugated, smooth and flowing.
- If I say “Can I eat that here, please?” he will look at me blankly and reply “To go?”
- Oooooh, my bunions are aching.
- $400 is too much for a toy baby standing reindeer. (ABC carpet and home).
This post was the blog equivalent of ‘freshening up’ a stale bread roll in a microwave. A more nutritionally-balanced post will appear when I’m back.